"A weed is a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered." Ralph Waldo Emerson

"A weed is a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered."  Ralph Waldo Emerson
"A weed is a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, November 30, 2009

I am down with that funky jive...

Well, I have joined the ranks of people who have digitized their music. Yes, friends, after staring at the ceiling of my bedroom on Thanksgiving night, I decided to get up, get dressed, and head to my local Superwalmart to get myself a door buster TV and iPod. I entered the store at 1:30 while the little elves...mostly cranky middle-aged people with bad teeth...were stocking the shelves and undoing the plastic from the Chinese electronics I was yearning to buy. I stocked my cart with the door busters from Wal-mart rivals, flyers in hand, and found my way over to the electronics department. Surely I would be the first in line to get these elusive technological gems...I was greeted by two groups of teenagers. They had been in line since 9:30 Thanksgiving night...waiting for the TV/iPod of their dreams. I shrugged, grabbed a spot on my cart (I had grabbed a kiddy seat cart so I had a spot to park my rear, straddling two hard, plastic lumps) and read a book. Long story short, I got my door busters, got my TV...a 32 inch Emerson flat screen for $248...and...an iPod touch...which I have been enjoying all weekend long. As for Harv, well, he is still getting used to the idea of spending money on things we don't NEED, but I did pacify him by getting him a Tom Tom...an early birthday gift which HE fiddled with all weekend long. Thank you, Walmart, for helping to make my holiday weekend a progressive one! :)

No comments: